Your Management Brand is the image people have of your management style. It’s about knowing who you are as a manager and what you stand for, and then finding ways to make that visible. Your Management Brand is the value or experience your employees can expect to receive every single time they interact with you. It’s what makes people enjoy working on your team and willingly exert extra effort towards goals.
Attract the Best Employees: It only makes sense to assemble the best and brightest employees for your team. A strong Management Brand will attract top talent. People learn about what it’s like to work on your team from social media sites such as Glassdoor and external recognition such as the Top 100 Places to Work in DFW sponsored by the Dallas Morning News. The three questions related to “My Manager” in this survey are:
- My manager cares about my concerns
- My manager helps me learn and grow
- My manager makes it easier to do my job well
How would your employees rate you on these questions? Would you like to be on the Top 100 Places to Work list?
Tips for Creating a Strong Management Brand
1. Define Your Management Philosophy: Who are you as a manager and why do people enjoy working with you? Define your management characteristics, values, and strengths and then work to perfect them.
2. Take an Assessment: A feedback instrument such as the Everything DiSC Management Profile increases a manager’s effectiveness by using personalized learning to help managers: Develop their management style, improve communication, and increase employee engagement
3. Keep Your Management Brand Promise: Your Management Brand can be communicated through the things you say, the way you say them, the way you treat people and more. Delivering this consistent message builds trust with employees who become confident about your expectations.
Your Management Brand is part of your Me.Inc….let Management Skills Resource, Inc. assist you in building your strong Management Brand in 2018. Contact us at: Deborah.Avrin@ManagementSkillsInc.com or call 972 881-5282.
Best Wishes for a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!